Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Writer's Block

It has been a long time since I wrote here. My last post was in February, in tribute to my beautiful grandmother.

Since then, I've had so much to write about:

I recorded my third CD at the Old Confidence Lodge in Riverport, with Diego Medina on the console, and an amazing band comprised of: Jude Pelley (guitar, mandolin, dulcimer, bass whistle, vocals), Jordi Comstock (drums and percussion), Jay Crocker (bass) and Alan Jeffries (banjoy, vocals), with special appearances by Tom Terrell of the Modern Grass (vocals, guitar) and Jennah Barry (vocals, keys). It was a wonderful and exhausting experience. I learned a ton and had heaps of fun.

I've played a bunch of shows.

I've received some important rejections from some very important festivals.

I've gotten some lovely invitations to play at a bunch of gorgeous homes and small halls.

I've been busily making arrangements for the CD's official launch, which will be held on Saturday, September 22, 2012 at the West Dublin Hall (basically, at home!)

And, I've been making plans to go up to Ontario on tour in the fall, to bring my CD up to all my friends in T'rona.

What I haven't been doing is writing. Not only haven't I been writing here, I haven't been writing any songs, either. Nothing.

I've been volunteering my time with my local not-for-profit concert series organizers, Little River Folk, with the local public transit advocacy group, Citizens for Public Transit, and Bridgewater's Sustainability Festival. I've been working with my friends and neighbours to put together the Second Annual Pennybrook Festival in our 'hood on September 1, 2012.

But, I haven't been writing.

Not a note, not a lyric, not a ditty, not a tune.

Not a blog post.

Until today. Here's hoping this is the first step that opens the floodgates. I'm ready for more songs.




No comments:

Post a Comment