Saturday, November 15, 2014

Labrador Creative Arts Festival 2014

I haven't been writing much here because I've been on a performance sabbatical this year for wellness reasons. I'm happy to report that I'm feeling quite a lot better than I have been – and just in time!

In four days, I'll board a plane to Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL to be one of the artists at the 2014 Labrador Creative Arts Festival.

The LCAF is a drama festival for students in Labrador. I'm going to be facilitating some voice workshops and singing some songs.

It is an amazing opportunity. I didn't ever expect that in my lifetime I might get an opportunity to go so far into Canada's north.

I've got some new merino wool long underwear and new warm socks.
Thirty-eight cm of snow fell in Happy Valley-Goose Bay last Saturday
and it's been below freezing since then. For me, it's going to be
a sudden infusion of wintery-ness!
I am very excited. I'll be posting about my experiences here and on Twitter – whenever I get a chance.

And when I get back, I have some other exciting projects planned for 2015 that I'm looking forward to sharing with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment