Monday, January 30, 2012

You can always live on rice and potatoes...

...but sadly, you can't have a kickin' CD recorded for rice and potatoes.

If you could, I would. I'd establish my own little rice paddy here on the west bank of the LaHave River, add in the spuds I grew in the barrels out back last summer, and I'd be all set.

But it doesn't work that way.

So, I'm asking for your help.

I'm looking to record my third CD in April. I have a bunch of amazing songs, I'm looking to put together a brilliant band, and the album is guaranteed to be emotionally gripping, thought-provoking and very, very listenable. It's going to be the kind of cd you're going to want to sing along with when you're cooking at home, out for a walk, in the car, on the bus, or enjoying a quiet evening alone or with friends. You'll hum the songs on your bike, around the office, walking down the street. These songs will fill your heart and soul and make you long for something you ain't quite found yet, or maybe something you had and lost and are working to regain, or maybe something you know you have and celebrate every single day.

David Francey often jokes about the "lucrative world of Canadian Folk Music". Sometimes, it doesn't seem like there's a living to be made here. I certainly haven't been able to pay myself a cent for the time and energy I put in in the studio on my first two CDs. Everyone else got paid, but I worked for free.

Fortunately, as Old Man Luedecke says, I can always live on rice and potatoes.

But I simply can't make this next album without you.

Please, if one of my songs has ever made you smile or laugh or cry or sing or dance, pre-purchase my third CD by going to Kapipal.com/alexsings. (If you don't feel comfortable making an on-line donation, contact me by e-mail and we'll work something else out.)

And thank you very, very much.

P.S. If after reading this, you are craving listening to Old Man Luedecke's awesome song, I Quit My Job, here's a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment