Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tour: Days 5-8

I'm falling a bit behind with the blog here.

The past few days have been a bit rough. I came down with a cold. This is the second time I've left the maritimes since I moved back home last December, and the second time I've gotten ill. It's starting to feel like it's not a coincidence.

So, anyway, I dosed myself up with Oil of Oregano, Cold F/X, Vitamin D and Advil Cold and Sinus and went and played at Grumpy's on Day 5. Despite my cold, it was a really fun show! With the delightful Brie Neilson hosting the evening, Gern F of United Steel Workers of Montreal behind the bar, and a full room of enthusiastic revellers, we made a great night of it.

On Day 6 I drove to Ottawa and I spent that evening and most of Day 7 recuperating at the home of some dear friends. The house concert on Day 7 went amazingly well, given my state of health. I was so full of Advil Cold and Sinus, I'm amazed my eyes didn't glow like yellow gel-caps. But, my voice held out for me to serenade a room full of lovely, attentive and generous-hearted folks. Also, generous-walleted - thanks, folks!

Now, it's Day 8, I've driven to Peterborough and am at a laundromat here. A solar-powered laundromat, in case you're interested.

Here's the mandatory picture of my car. Note the kleenex on the passenger seat. And my bathing suit still draped over the driver's seat from the pool in Edmundston. Classy.

1 comment:

  1. jeez now I feel like I missed out on something - never having had a blog to write during those days in which I frequented laundromats!

    ...not to even mention the solar power!

    ReplyDelete