Sunday, March 8, 2015

Song #10: Comin' Round the Mountain (2015 52-song project)

This is a simple little song – one of many I wrote for a doomed relationship I tried to have in the late naughts.

Some of the lyrics and imagery are direct lifts from the old folk song "She'll be Comin' Round the Mountain When She Comes". The third verse is based on the idea of a dream in which all of one's past lovers come back to show you how what goes around comes around and your deserve every ounce of misery and failure that you're experiencing.

At its inception, this song had a completely different chorus (which really feels more like "B part" than a chorus) which I can't remember now. I obviously didn't like it very much because I didn't play this song very often until I wrote the current B part sometime in late 2013 or early 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment